Sports Ticket: Benin vs Nigeria CAF Live | Live Match Online | Sky Sports Live | BEN vs NIG Live Today Match Online
Nigeria, When the odds are 2.25 the expected chance of winning is 44%, but this team actually wins 81% matches with these odds.
Benin have won just one out of their last six meetings with Nigeria in all competitions.
The latter have scored nine goals and conceded three in the process.
ALSO READ: Inter Milan vs Juventus Serie A | Live Match Online | Sky Sports Live | INT vs JUV Live Today Match Online
Benin vs Nigeria Preview:
Nigeria kicked off their qualifying campaign with consecutive wins versus Benin and Lesotho, but back-to-back draws in the subsequent two games against Sierra Leone have thrown a spanner in the works.
The more notable of those stalemates was a 4-4 thriller in Abuja last November when the Super Eagles bottled a four-goal lead which they took inside the opening 30 minutes.
However, the 2013 AFCON winners need only one point from the final two games to complete the job, while one more victory would secure first place in Group L.
Goals in either half from Victor Osimhen and Samuel Kalu saw Gernot Rohr’s men come from behind to claim a 2-1 win when the sides last met in 2019’s reverse fixture at the Moshood Abiola National Stadium.
Overall, Saturday’s visitors have a historical advantage over their hosts, who they have beaten in 12 of the 15 previous clashes, losing just once in that time.
Series: African Nation Championship (CAF) 2020-21
Match: Benin vs Nigeria
Date: Saturday, 27 January 2020.
Venue: Estádio Nacional de Cabo Verde, Praia
Time: 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET / 21:00 PST
HEAD to HEAD:
- Terem Moffi and Taiwo Awoniyi have been called up to the national team for the first time as a reward for their excellent displays for Lorient and Union Berlin respectively.
- Despite having not played competitive club football since October, Ahmed Musa was included in Rohr’s squad list, although the German has confirmed that the veteran winger will not play.
- Kelechi Iheanacho has scored nine goals in 11 games since the turn of the year, and he is expected to lead the line for his side in this one.
- Jodel Dossou has won Benin four of their seven points so far with decisive strikes in games against Lesotho and Sierra Leone.
- Saturnin Allagbe missed the reverse fixture and he is yet to concede a goal in three AFCON qualifying games, but he is faced with what is perhaps his sternest test against a potent Super Eagles attack.
Get the Latest News, Hot News, Trending News, Educational News, Sports News, Entertainment News, Politics News and all news of the World on hotticket.live